As news of the first confirmed case of the novel coronavirus outbreak in the Dominican Republic began to surface publicly on March 1st , 2020, our firm began a thorough revision of all the aspects of business and everyday life that might be affected by such a quick-spreading virus and to evaluate how we can mitigate its effect among our staff and clients, our close families and the communities in which we are involved, in a way that we can maintain our people safe and still provide our renowned high-standards of service to our clients.
We have been monitoring local and international health authorities, such as the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Dominican Ministry of Health, as well as implementing the best practices put forth by the international medical community, in order to make informed decisions that will positively impact our business.
- As a complement to our offices’ strict hygiene policies, we have added continuous sanitation with antibacterial agents; the use of antibacterial soaps and gels is highly encouraged, placing dispensers in key areas of the office.
- Our meeting rooms are sanitized before and after every meeting, and so are the elevators, door handles and frequently handled surfaces, among others.
- We are continuously updating our staff on new developments, findings, and relevant information, as well as promoting internal health programs among our employees, especially those aimed at the groups that are most at risk.
- Large gatherings are being discouraged to reduce the risk of transmission and we are following the recommendations of local authorities on the procedures for handling suspected cases of infection with the virus.
- As borders are closed and travel is limited or prohibited, we encourage our staff and clients to use teleconferencing to keep in touch.
- If needs, we are prepared to continue our operations remotely, preserving business continuity and assuring availability for our stakeholders throughout this situation.
- Our commitment to our clients will not change. We are here to take care of your business with the same level of compromise that we have always shown. Contact us freely and we will gladly assist you in the best way that we can.
Take care of yourself and your loved ones, and keep safe and healthy.
Fabio J. Guzmán Saladín
Guzmán Ariza, Attorneys at Law